Wednesday 14 November 2012

Pink and Purple dip dye on brown hair

So a few people have asked me how I dyed my hair like this. 


Before I explain how I did it, I must explain that it partly includes extensions as my hair was cut really badly in a Hairdressing Academy a few years ago, making it somewhat thin at the ends so before hand, I got my hair cut quite short. So it made me a wee bit attached to my extensions at the time. 
Anyway, I went from this..


to the pink, purple and brown dip dye.  

Now as some of you may know, the transition from brown, to red, to brown again, is not a fun transition at all.  Without stripping it to get it go red, you have to keep dying it red and allowing the roots to grow out gradually and adding the red each time, well that's how I did it.  Now to dye it brown, damaging it as little as possible, I had to dye it brown twice or three times.  The more you wash your hair, the more the red keeps coming through.  

Anyway, from there I had to strip the ends of my brown extensions and my hair turning it, a bright ginger colour.  

Quick warning here guys.. you're not supposed to bleach or strip brown hair extensions, it normally results in the hair falling out or damaging the hair.

Also, brown hair extensions will never go properly blonde.

Anyway, so I deep conditioned both and bleached it two days later. Ok so this where I'll just put in steps and stop with the ranting. :) 

1.  Bleach using Crazy Colours Bleaching kit.  Its a blue powder bleach meaning that it takes out most of the brassy colours that a white powder bleach wont. 



2.  This turned my own hair a kind of yellow colour, and my extensions went a carmel colour which was as light as it would go. 

3. I then used Manic Panic Hot Hot Pink on the mid section of the extensions, brushing the pink into the brown to make it look more "dipped." I kept the end of the extensions blonde. 



4.  Once finished the pink, I lastly, moved on to the purple.  I couldnt find the right purple in Manic Panic (I was abit disappointed as Manic Panic is my favourite hair dye), so I used Special Effects Wildflower on the ends and blended the pink and purple in to one another to get the colour. 



Tips and Info
  • I found that, the Special Effects was fast enough to wash out, where as the pink lasted for about three and a half weeks without fading.  I only had to dye it every three and a half weeks as it would just about start fading to a flamingo pink at that stage. 
  • I should have known this before I started but, as the ends of your hair is the driest part, bleaching it tends to dry it out more.  So by the time I was pretty much tired of my hair, the ends were pretty dry and hard to work with, so I found myself dying my hair back dark brown after about 3 or 4 months which restored it back to normal straight away. 



Have a great day guys..

Kuraaku
x





No comments:

Post a Comment